NEW HAVEN, Conn. – In the final tune-up prior to the 2019 NEC Championships, the Sacred Heart women's track and field team took part in the Yale Springtime Invitational on Sunday. The Pioneers dominated the field events, finishing among the top three finishers in every event in which they fielded a competitor.
- Jillian Kilmer picked up a victory in the high jump as she led the field of nine competitors with a leap of 1.60m
- In the pole vault, Amy Vegliante scored second place with 3.60m while Grace Glennon picked up a personal-best of 3.15m to finish in third
- Glennon's PR puts her sixth-best in the NEC this season
- Brianna Lavinier placed third in the shot put with a throw of 12.53m that meets New England qualifying standards and moves her up to fourth in the NEC leaderboard in 2019
- Pioneers claimed second and third in the discus with Madelyn Bradway (40.01m) and Erika Johnson (38.95m) both throwing New England qualifying marks
- Bradway rounded out her day with a personal-best throw of 49.78m that placed her third in the hammer throw, met the New England standards and is the best hammer throw of any NEC competitor this season
- Lauren Tanner took runner-up in the javelin with a throw of 35.31m to round out a great day of field events for the SHU contingent
- Tara Brody clocked in at a personal-best 12.85 seconds to claim fourth in the 100m dash
- Kilmer completed her day with a personal-best time of 15.07 seconds to take fifth in the 100m hurdles
- Kilmer's time of 15.07 ranks sixth-best in the NEC this season
This meet served as the final tune-up for SHU prior to the 2019 NEC Championships held from May 4-5 on the campus of Central Conn. St. in New Britain.