FAIRFAX, Va. – The Sacred Heart women's track and field team gave a great all-around effort, seeing 13 Pioneers earn Top 10 results on Saturday at the George Mason Springtime Invitational. The two highest-placing women from SHU were Madelyn Bradway in the hammer throw and Brigit Kelly in the steeplechase, as both claimed fourth place in their respective event.
- Bradway's best throw of 48.90m is a new personal-best, meets New England qualifying standards and moves her up to first in the current conference standings
- Bradway also placed fifth in the discus, with a throw of 41.54m which also meets New England qualifying standards
- Kelly's 3000m steeplechase race was just shy of a personal-best, as she crossed the line with a time of 11:52.09 which is good enough for third in the NEC standings
- Aside from Bradway, five other Pioneers who placed Top 10 in their events met New England qualifying standards
- SHU's 4x100m relay team of Adrianna Forcucci, Brianna DeGennaro, Hoyos and Tanaya Wade posted a season-best time of 48.76 seconds
The Pioneers resume competition this week on Friday at the Larry Ellis Invitational and on Saturday with the Mark Young Yale Invitational.