The first-day of the Northeast Conference indoor track and field championship for Sacred Heart University was highlighted by a bronze medal in the weight throw.
Erika Johnson placed third in the weight throw, with a throw of 15.15m. The Pioneers had four student-athletes place in the to-nine in the 3000m as well.
The women's team is in fifth-place with 18 points. The competition concludes Saturday at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y.
- Jacqueline Thorne placed fourth, with a time of 10:14.98
- Emma Cary placed seventh, with a time of 10:24.63, and was followed by teammates Jody DiCicco (10:26.59) and Gaelyn Kattman (10:39.20) in eighth and ninth places
- Johnson's throw came in the fourth round
- Madelyn Bradway was sixth in the event, with a 13.94m top effort
- Antonia Hoyes jumped 5.51, a personal-best, on her second jump to finish in eighth place
- Jillian Kilmer and Lisa Jacobson tied for 10th, both clearing 1.58m
- Jillian Kilmer ran a 9.33 qualifying time in the third heat to earn the eighth spot in Saturday's finals
- Olivia Weiss paced the Pioneers with a run of 2:22.30, good for sixth place and advances to the finals
- Bianca De Lucia was the seventh qualifier, running 5:15.12 to earn a berth in the final
- Jacquelin Thorne also qualified for the finals in ninth, with a run of 5:17.28