The Sacred Heart University women's indoor track and field team saw four student-athletes earn All-New England honors at the 2019 New England Indoor Championships, February 1-2, 2019. Bianca De Lucia, Jillian Kilmer, Jackie Thorne and Olivia Weiss earned the honors at the two-day event hosted at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center in Boston, Mass.
The Pioneers are back in action on Saturday at the 14th Annual Giegengack Invitational at Yale University.
- Thorne and De Lucia placed fifth and sixth place respectively in the 1,000m finals on Saturday to earn All-New England
- Thorne posted an ECAC qualifier in Friday's preliminaries, with a time of 2:54.97 and earned fifth place on Saturday with a run of 2:58.19
- De Lucia started the meet with a personal-best of 3:01.75 on Friday and lowered that on Saturday in the finals, crossing at 2:59.89
- Weiss competed in the seeded section of the mile and placed seventh, with a run of 5:04.61 and currently ranks fourth in the NEC
- Kilmer's scored 808 points in the 60m hurdle (808 points) and a clearance of 1.60, in the high jump (736 points) on her way to 3,215 total points and a sixth-place finish in the pentathlon
- Emma Cary ran a 10:33.14 in the 3,000m which still ranks her seventh in the NEC, while Bonnie Wilder had a personal-best in the event with a time of 10:59.71
- Sam Curran and Brianna Lavinier placed 12th and 13thin the shot put and the duo remains ranked fifth and seventh respectively in the NEC.