FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Soccer team fell to Fairleigh Dickinson this afternoon by a final score of 3-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, Oct. 11 when they travel to face Robert Morris. Game-time is set for 1:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers would get outshot by the Knights 12 to seven in the opening half.
- The Knights struck first with a goal by Christa Waterman at 11:19 off an assist by Maja Skansberg to put the Knights ahead 1-0.
- The Pioneers came away with two shots on the goal in the half but both were saved keeping the score at 1-0.
- First-year goalie Elyssa Kipperman tallied four saves in the opening half.
- SHU and the Knights were knit tight in shots as Fairleigh Dickinson recorded 10 while SHU tallied seven.
- The Knights struck big scoring two goals in the half, the first coming at 60:10 in the half as Madelyn Robbins found the back of the net to put the Knights ahead 2-0. Then in the final three minutes of the game Maja Skansberg scored off an assist by Alyssa Caggiano to give Fairleigh Dickinson the 3-0 victory.
- SHU would tally three shots on goal in the half but none fell to result in the 3-0 loss.