PHILADELPHIA, Pa.- The Sacred Heart women's soccer team (0-2-0 overall, 0-0 NEC) fell to Temple (1-1-0 overall, 0-0 AAC) 2-0 on Friday night. The team returns to action on August 27 when they travel to face St. John's. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.
Temple would strike early as the Owls would score a goal in fifth minute of the first half to take an early 1-0 lead. After a pair of fouls by both sides, SHU would take its first shot of the game courtesy of Krissy Rimmel in the 17thminute but the shot was saved to keep the score 1-0 in favor of Temple. The Owls would lead the half in shots as they had 10 compared to the Pioneers one shot. Just before the half would end, the Owls would find the net once again to take a 2-0 lead in the 44thminute to close the half in favor of Temple.
The Pioneers would attempt to strike early in the second half as Lindsay Savko launched two shots back to back in the 53rdminute but both were saved by the goal keeper to keep the score at 2-0 in favor of the Owls. Senior goalie Nicole Sambuco would make a pair of crucial saves to keep the score at 2-0 heading 60thminute of play. Sambuco would finish her day with a total of six saves on 16 shots faced. While the Pioneers increased the amount of shots on goal from one to five, they were unable to find the back of the net resulting in a 2-0 loss to Temple.
- Temple outshot SHU six to one in the first half
- Nicole Sambuco had four saves on ten shots faced
- Krissy Rimmel had the one shot on goal for the Pioneers
- Lindsay Savko and Melanie DaSilva each led the team in shots with three
- Savko launched two shots back to back in the 53rdminute but both were saved by the goal keeper
- SHU increased the amount of shots on goal from one to five
The team returns to action on August 27 when they travel to face St. John's. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.