LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. – Senior thrower Christian Turner highlighted the effort on the day for the Sacred Heart men's track and field team as the Pioneers took part in the Rider 5-Way Invitational this past Saturday. The NEC's Most Outstanding Performer in Throws during the indoor season, Turner kickstarted his outdoor campaign with victories in both the shot put and discus this weekend.
- Turner started his day with a shot put throw of 15.57m to pick up the win and qualify for the New England Championships in the process. Turner's throw also puts him first in the NEC in that category
- His winning discus throw this weekend was 41.27m which set a new personal-best for the senior
- Andy Suarez also showed well in the discus with a throw of 39.93m to place right behind Turner in second overall
- Continuing a strong day in the field events for the Pioneers was Sean Mefford who established a new personal-best with a jump of 12.80m in the triple jump which placed him third overall in the event
- Ryan Corbett showed well in the 3000m steeplechase as he finished fourth out of 13 competitors with a personal-best time of 10:08.11
- Quaheem Dufane wrapped up the day for SHU in the 100m, placing fourth of out 19 sprinters with a time of 11.45 seconds
The Pioneers are back in action this Friday with an appearance in the Sam Howell Invitational held at Princeton University.