The Sacred Heart University men's basketball team, winners of three of its last four, returns to Coach Bike Court on Sunday at 2:00 pm to host Pine Manor College. SHU is 3-4 on the season, whlle the Gators are 1-5 on the year. Randy Brochu and Freddie Coleman will have the call on NECFrontRow.com.
The first 100 fans will receive free nuggets courtesy of Garden Catering. All youth in a basketball jersey will be admitted for $1.00 and those 12 and under can participate in a postgame shootaround on Coach Bike Court.
Pine Manor is 1-5 entering Sunday's game, having lost three straight games since defeating Medgar Evers, 108-96. The Gators are averaging 77.7 points per game. Pine Manor shoots 43 percent from the field and hits 30.7 percent from behind the arc. The Gators are averaging 34.7 rebounds per game, with a minus 5.2 rebounding margin. Pine Manor is allowing its opponents to score 94.5 points per game and shoot 51 percent from the field. Jalen Williams is the leading scorer, one of four in double figures, averaging 16.2 points per game. Sayvonn Houston is the team's leading rebounder, pulling in 8.6 a game.
- The Pioneers scored a season-best 97 in the win over Quinnipiac on November 24 and are averaging 82.3 points per game over the last four games
- SHU has a 3.-2 assist-to-turnover ratio the last two games, handing out 34 assists against Albany and Quinnipiac
- The Pioneers are shooting 89.6 percent from the line in the last three games, 43-48
- SHU is averaging only 13.5 turnovers in its last two games, 4.2 fewer than its season average, with a season-low 12 turnovers against Quinnipiac
- SHU is 1-0 at home this season after going 10-2 last season at the Pitt Center