The Sacred Heart University baseball team dropped a non-conference game, 12-1, to Army West Point Tuesday afternoon in West Point, N.Y. The loss drops the Pioneers to 16-25 on the year, while the Black Knights improve to 26-20.
The Pioneers return to action this weekend, hosting a three-game Northeast Conference set versus Fairleigh Dickinson. The first game is Friday at 3pm, with Saturday, Alumni Day, and Sunday games, scheduled for 1pm.
- Army scored first, when Andrew Walden singled to left and Jacob Hurtubise scored from first on a fielding error in the outfield
- An Anthony Glachin made it 3-0 in the bottom of the third, with a two-run homerun, and drove in another run in the bottom of the fifth
- SHU scored its run when Bobby Garbuio scored on a ground out by Joe Emerson in the sixth
- Army answered with a pair of runs in the bottom of the inning, and plated four more in the eighth to secure the win
- Jackson Aldam fanned three Black Knights in his 1.2 innings of relief work
- Mike Gagliardi earned the win for Army West Point, fanning three and allowing three hits in five innings of work
- Justin Jordan had two of the Pioneers six hits, including his fifth double of the year